Central Oregon Community College was founded in 1949 as part of the Bend School District. It is the longest standing community college in Oregon. The College District was formed in 1959 and officially established as the Central Oregon Area Education District by a vote of residents in 1962. Central Oregon Community College, the oldest two-year college in Oregon, provides comprehensive college services to the residents of its 10,000-square-mile district.
COCC offers two-year associate degrees, transfer/lower division programs, career and technical education degrees and certificates, developmental courses, continuing education and community learning classes, industry-specific training programs, and business management assistance.
The College’s main campus is located on the western edge of Bend, a city known for its natural beauty and proximity to diverse recreational opportunities. The 200-acre Bend campus offers quiet, peaceful surroundings for study and reflection. With its location on the western slope of Awbrey Butte, students have a spectacular view of the Oregon Cascade mountain range from nearly every point on the grounds. The campus contains 26 buildings with a total of 575,000 square feet. The newest building is the 330-bed Residence Hall which opened in September 2015.